Friday, July 1, 2011

Update and The Creative Process

The "Back To The Peace" album has materialized relationships with some very talented artists, producers, and musicians. I'm grateful and humbled for these new found friends in artistry.

As I start to compile works for the new project, I'm sidetracked by callaborative efforts (check this jam I did with Blurm 13 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPAODqkghPk)  and talks of a forming record label this coming winter. Great news to me obviously becuase I would then have financial backing from someone that believes in my work. But it's even better sounding becuase I will be able to maintain the rights to my name and subsequent projects. No need to name drop now since they dont exist yet, but believe if and when they come it'll be loud and clear.

The creative process continues though. New styles and new music coming soon. The BTTP album was all about a tribute to the old school. This new stuff is, for lack of a better word, new school. The newest of schools actually, with production from a very talented guy out of London so far. In this stage of my artistry I'm much more selective with my choices. Its less about filling up a catalog and more about having a catalog to be proud of. I'd like to make songs that breathe, stand alone, and not because its easily doable to a specific track or style.

*Cats are saying they're yet to really hear me be the lyricist they thought I was. lol. Well, expect some ill shit to be pulled out of the archives. Dont doubt the kid please.

-Re

No comments:

Post a Comment